In this episode of Eatbook VS, we challenge Qing to make a pretzel that rivals Auntie Anne's! How well do you think she will do?
All our videos are non-paid reviews unless specifically stated.
7g instant yeast
26g brown sugar
250g bread flour
150g all purpose flour
16g room temperature butter
6 tbsp baking soda
Ingredients (cinnamon topping):
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon powder
1. Mix warm water and yeast (blooming process), then set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Combine salt, bread flour and all purpose flour in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the brown sugar to the yeast mixture, and give it a quick mix. Add the wet mix into the dry mix in batches.
4. Transfer the dough onto a floured surface, and knead the room temperature butter in.
- The smoother your dough, the easier your pretzels are to make!
- The dough will be quite firm and slightly tacky, but not sticky.
- If the dough is sticky, add extra flour 1 tbsp at a time until the dough is smooth. If the dough is too dry, add water, 1 tsp at a time.
5. Continue kneading until it passes the windowpane test, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Lightly grease a large bowl with melted butter and place dough in it. Cover with a damp cloth and allow it to proof for up to 1 hour.
7. Once the dough has doubled in size, divide into 8 balls. Shape and proof them for another 30 minutes.
8. Prepare the cinnamon topping by combining the brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon powder.
9. Prepare the baking soda solution by combining 4 cups of warm water and 6 tbsp of baking soda.
10. Roll the dough into ropes, then shape into pretzels.
11. Soak the pretzels in the baking soda solution for 10s, then lay on a baking sheet.
12. Bake in a preheated oven at 210ºC for 10 minutes.
13. Remove from oven, brush melted butter on the pretzels, dust with the cinnamon topping, and pop the tray back in for another 2 minutes.
Follow Eatbook SG on social media!
Featuring (in order of appearance):
Koh Hui Qing - https://www.instagram.com/chingqingbear/
Gladys Lim - https://www.instagram.com/gladyslxr/
Fauzi Aziz - https://www.instagram.com/mynameisfauzi/
Brenda Tan - https://www.instagram.com/brendatjy/
John Lim - https://www.instagram.com/johnjohnah/
Doreen - https://www.instagram.com/doreenfly/
Cuiwen Bok - https://www.instagram.com/chewywen_
Sherlyn Teo - https://instagram.com/lyn.teo/
Richelle Vergara - https://instagram.com/chshellie/
Business And Sponsorship Enquiries: